10 Recipes To Prevent Acne
Posted by Keeva Organics on August 11th, 2021
This eastern spice has seen its popularity grow over the last few years, with its health benefits becoming increasingly well known. Turmeric is recognized for its:
- Anti-inflammatory effects;
- Antioxidant enzymes;
- Positive impact on brain health;
- Protection of blood vessels; and
- Anti-cancer effects.
The medicinal value of turmeric comes from curcuminoids, the active compounds. When combined with black pepper extract, the absorption of curcuminoids has been shown to increase up to 65 times.
Unfortunately, to get the full health benefit, you would need to consume an awful lot of turmeric each day, which is why there are advantages to taking it as a supplement, such as Tranquility Labs's Turmeric 1000. This supplement can also be used in the following recipes, which provide a new twist on taking a supplement with your meal.
Combine and simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes:
- 3 cups of light coconut, almond, or oat milk
- 4 opened turmeric capsules
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pinch finely ground black pepper
Remove from heat, pour into two mugs and add sweetener of choice to taste.
Turmeric Face Mask
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
Probiotics promote the absorption of nutrients, enhance the immune system, and improve the digestive system.
Although it is unclear exactly how probiotics positively impact acne, the American Academy of Dermatology considers them a promising treatment for acne and rosacea. This is because probiotics are known to reduce the harmful microbes that cause inflammation which leads to acne.
The Newport Natural Health Microencapsulated Probiotic delivers over 10 billion good bacteria to your stomach within 15 seconds. It can also be used in these tasty recipes.
Apple Pie Probiotic Smoothie
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 2 apples, peel on
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- 2-3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie/pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 cup non-dairy milk like almond, coconut, or oat
- 2 capsules probiotic
Combine all in a blender until smooth, adding contents of two capsules for few seconds, just before serving.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 probiotic capsules (opened)
Whisk coconut milk until smooth consistency, then add contents of two capsules. Cover with cheesecloth and leave on the counter for 24-48 hours: the longer it is left, the tangier the flavor. Refrigerate for 24 hours before eating.
Probiotic Face Mask
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp jojoba oil (optional)
- 1 opened probiotic capsule
Mix in bowl until smooth consistency, then apply to face. Leave for 15-20 minutes before washing off.
The health of benefits of certain types of mushrooms has become increasingly well-known over the last few years, with many looking to incorporate them into their diets. The mushrooms and their associated benefits are as follows:
- Lion's Mane: Boost immune and neurological systems as well as being powerful antioxidant;
- Cordyceps: Anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effects;
- Reishi: Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects, as well as immune modulation;
- Chaga: Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects, as well as boosting the immune system; and
- Shiitake: Cholesterol-lowering effects while being high in nutrients and vitamins.
These mushrooms are contained in the Our Botanicals Medi-Shroom I Supplement, which can be used in the following recipes.
Mushroom Hot Cocoa
- 3 cups coconut, almond, or oat milk
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 capsules of medi-shrooms opened
- 2 tsp smooth almond butter
- Sweetener of choice
- Pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, or nutmeg
Warm milk in a saucepan, adding cacao powder before whisking in the remaining ingredients. Pour into two mugs to serve.
Immune Boost Smoothie
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 1-inch fresh turmeric (or appx 1.5 tsp ground turmeric)
- 4 capsules medi-shrooms opened.
- 2 scoops of hemp protein powder
- Water or nondairy milk to desired consistency
Blend until smooth consistency, then pour into two glasses to serve.
Glowing Skin Face Mask
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp gentle clay, like kaolin, rhassoul, or French green clay
- 1 tsp oil, like argan, rosehip seed, or pomegranate seed
- 1 capsule of medi-shrooms opened
Mix, adding water as required to achieve a paste-like consistency. Apply to face and leave on face 15-20 minutes before washing off with water.
Other Important Nutrients
Blemish Blast Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup papaya
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 1 cup water
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
Blend until smooth consistency, then serve.
Nourishing your body and skin is one weapon in the anti-acne arsenal. Another is an anti-acne supplement that provides all body systems with the vitamins and minerals needed to promote healthy skin.
The Keeva Organics Skin Supplement supports healthy skin from the inside out, containing 13 organic ingredients known to reduce acne by flushing the system of toxins and increasing the renewal rate of skin cells.
Trying one or all of these supplements will make you and your skin feel better.
By: Keeva Organics, 1/12/2021
By: Keeva Organics, 6/22/2021
By: Keeva Organics, 3/31/2021