Clear skin is something people often really struggle to attain, but it doesn't have to be that way. Clear skin is just a few steps away if you know what you're doing. To help, here are the best skincare tips and tricks that will give you clear skin as soon as possible! These are my favorites because they've worked for me, and spoiler alert, switching to a tea tree oil based skincare routine has been a lifesaver. I hope these tips work as well for you as they did for me!
Why tea tree oil is the best way to get clear skin
It's important to use tea tree oil in your skincare routine, as it has natural antibacterial properties and regulates excess oil on the skin. It will help cleanse the pores and get rid of any bacteria that may be causing the breakouts.
If you're looking to switch to tea tree oil based skincare products, I would recommend the 3 in 1 kit as it's great value and includes a tea tree oil cleanser, tea tree oil moisturizer and tea tree oil serum. These three products will help clear your skin up in no time!
Washing your face is an essential part of any skincare routine, but there are a few things you should avoid if you want clear skin. Firstly, don't over-wash your face as this can strip the skin of its natural oils and cause it to become dry and irritated. Secondly, don't use harsh soaps or scents as these can also irritate the skin.
The best way to wash your face is with a gentle, tea tree oil based cleanser. This will cleanse the skin without stripping it of its natural oils. I would also recommend using a tea tree oil moisturizer after you've washed your face to help keep the skin hydrated.
How often you should wash your face depends on your skin type. If you have oily skin, you may need to wash your face twice a day, while those with dry skin may only need to wash their faces once a day. If you choose this option, just wash your face with warm water in the morning and use a spot treatment.
Lifestyle tips for clear skin
- Drink tea! It's a natural astringent and it will naturally detox your body as well as reduce the appearance of any acne. If you haven't tried Our Healing Tea yet, I highly recommend giving it a try. It's my all time favorite tea for clear skin!
- Get enough sleep! Not getting enough sleep can cause your skin to become oily and breakout. A good night's sleep will help to regulate the hormones that can cause acne.
- Reduce stress! Stress can also trigger breakouts, so find ways to reduce your stress levels. Yoga, meditation or even writing down your thoughts in a journal can all help.
- If you drink alcohol, make it clear alcohol! Alcohol has natural astringent properties that will help to reduce oil on the skin. Drinking white wine is especially good for your skin because other alcoholic drinks contain sulfates which strip the skin of its oils and can cause breakouts.
- Eat a balanced diet! Eating a balanced diet is essential for clear skin. Make sure you're getting enough fruits and vegetables, and try to avoid processed foods and sugary drinks.
- Use a sunscreen! Sunscreen is important all year round, but especially in the summer when the sun is at its strongest. Sun exposure can cause the skin to become blotchy and uneven, reducing your chances of having clear skin. I personally opt for this non-toxic SPF 30.
- Exercise! Exercise releases endorphins which will naturally make you feel happier. It also reduces stress and helps prevent breakouts.
Balanced hormones for clear skin
The human body has a variety of hormones that are responsible for the production of oil on the skin. These oils are used to protect the epidermis from becoming dry and they also prevent dehydration. However, when there is too much oil on the skin, the pores will become clogged, which can cause acne breakouts. One way to reduce this is by reducing stress levels. When our bodies are under stress, it releases a hormone called cortisol in response to this type of stress. This hormone can trigger acne breakouts and it's why we often get breakouts while we're sick or extracurricular activities like exams and competitions. Exercise also helps reduce the amount of this hormone in our bodies and therefore reduces breakouts caused by it.
There are a number of different hormones that can contribute to acne breakouts, but the most important one to keep an eye on is insulin. Insulin is released by the pancreas in response to sugar consumption and it helps to move glucose from the bloodstream into the cells. When there is too much sugar in the bloodstream, the cells become resistant to the effects of insulin and this can lead to a number of health problems, including acne breakouts. One way to help keep your blood sugar levels under control is by eating a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables.
If hormonal acne is an issue for you try these three steps to clear skin:
- Support your body's internal health with a skincare supplement
- Skip the sugar, avoid processed food and focus on wholefoods
- Get 8 hours of sleep per night and do plenty of walking
Tea tree oil is one of the best natural remedies for clear skin, especially when combined with a wholesome lifestyle. To help your balance your body take care to avoid sugar, processed foods and also get enough sleep every night. Exercise will release endorphins that naturally make you feel happier which helps reduce stress levels - all things that are key in preventing breakouts! I hope these tips help you achieve clear skin in the next month! If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out to the friendly team at Keeva Organics!