<a href="https://keevaorganics.com/blogs/the-keeva-buzz/top-7-ways-use-coconut-oil-hair" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><img class="aligncenter" src="http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1096/2552/files/top_7_way_to_use_coconut_oil_for_hair-01.jpg" alt="Top 7 Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Hair [Infographic] | Keeva Organics" /></a>
With the help of this beautiful oil, you can replace your shiny, commercial, bought-in-shop products. Coconut oil is an all-natural product that is highly rich in anti-microbial properties and lauric acid that help to heal the scalp and hair reproduction.
Why Use Coconut Oil for Hair:
Coconut hair is highly rich in medium chain fatty acid. This is the kind of fatty acid.
- That is rich in antibacterial and antioxidants that nourish the body when used.
- It also contains Lauric acid, which is naturally occurring in breast milk.
- Its function is to strengthen hormone health and cellular health.
This is why some people use it on their hair to prevent protein loss. Some studies (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12715094 have confirmed that the reason coconut hair can penetrate the hair quickly is due to its structure.
This is why it works better and faster than other oils when used on the hair. If you have a naturally oily hair, you may see the application of oil directly to them as the hair as counterintuitive.
When it May be Harmful to Use Coconut Oil for your Hair:
It may be true that other essential oils are beneficial to the hair. However, many people through poor diet and over-shampooing often rid the hair from benefiting from this nourishing oil. If you are guilty of this too, coconut oil may not always be the solution. People always have mixed results when they apply coconut hair to their hair. Now, if this is the case how do you know whether coconut hair for will be beneficial to you or not?
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair:
Unlike other skin conditioners, coconut oil is free from any harmful chemical and can serve as an excellent hair conditioner. It is also very good for the scalp and helps to restore protein loss, which is essential for fast hair growth.
If you want to deep hair conditioning hair treatments, you can use the help of coconut hair.
- Put some coconut hair in your hand, and rub it to the ends of your hair comb through for a nice spread and put the hair in a loose bun before going to bed.
- If you have longer hair, use ½ of a tablespoon and run through the hair, paying attention to the hair shaft and ends. For shorter hair, use ¼ of a tablespoon and do the same for the hair. Proceed to styling as you normally do. Don’t overdo it, though, as that can easily overweigh the hair.
- Hair Growth
Coconut oil is effective hair treatment oil for growing out your hair. It contains many excellent nutrients such as lauric acid that help prevent dandruff and improves thin and poorly grown hair. Changing hair beauty products may not be the solution to your hair growth (http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/hair-loss-women-women-14/thining-hair-medications) but changing your diet and incorporating coconut oil into your hair styling and treatment is the way to go.
- Pull up your coconut oil, dap some on your hand and rub it at the ends of your hair don’t overdo it through as your hair can come across as greasy. You should pay particular attention to the hair scalp if you want to focus on hair growth.
- You need only 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. And once applied, it will increase blood flow to the area making for an easy and faster hair growth.
People have been using coconut oil to fight dandruff for a long time and it has been effective since then. According to Mayo Clinic, this condition can be caused by sensitivity to harsh chemicals in hair care products and dry conditions. It can also be caused by Malassezia infections (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dandruff/basics/causes/con-20023690).
- With 3 drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, run your hand through your hair and the scalp and leave for a few minutes.
- Massage behind the hair and the back of the head for deeper conditioning.
- Treat Frizzy Hair
Frizzy hair makes sure you target the frizzy areas. One of the uses of coconut oil is to prevent frizzy. To put frizzy hair at bay simply rub some coconut hair in your hand. Put your hand through your hair, run your hand through your hair, and evenly distribute the oil in your hair.
Coconut oil can also serve as a good hair styling oil, free from all the chemical substances present in hair care products. The problem with most of these products is that they zap the moisture from the hair when used and that could leave to hair tangling. You can detangle the hair; heal frizzy hair and tame flyaways when you apply coconut oil properly to your hair. All these are necessary for you if you want the absolute best hair for different styling.
- Lice Prevention
The most commonly used prescription for lice treatment is the permethrin. However, studies (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19343362) have shown that coconut oil, when used with anise spray, is very effective in preventing and treating lice. In another study where ylang-ylang oil is added to the coconut oil and anise spray, the result was a 92% successful treatment with very little side effects.
To prevent lice, use coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner as discussed above or use mix it with ylang-ylang oil and leave.
- Coconut hair shampoo
You can also use coconut oil for shampooing to leave your hair soft, shiny, and all alive. You can make a shampoo with the following recipe but you can also increase or decrease to suit your needs as at when appropriate.
- Mix ¼ of coconut oil with ¼ of canned coconut milk, 1 cup of castile soap and 40 drops of tea tree oil. Melt the coconut milk and the coconut oil before using them. This will create a low heat that will preserve the nutrients from the ingredients.
- Pour into a sealed bottle while adding the castile soap. Before adding the essential oil, make sure you shake well.