Acne is the most commonly occurring skin issue faced by girls nowadays which arises due to clogged pores which are produced as a result of sebum production in excess. The causes of acne among girls can be various and it’s very important to cue this skin problem in order to look pretty. Acne can be cured by using a number of homemade remedies as well as using natural occurring ingredients.
Tea tree oil is also termed as Melaleuca oil which is a pale yellow colored or nearly colorless essential oil which is derived from the dried up leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia plant. This natural essential oil has amazing benefits for skin and hair as well. Tea tree oil is rich in antimicrobial and antifungal properties which plays a very significant role in getting rid of skin problems.
Tea Tree Oil Skin Benefits
Tea tree oil offers users with amazing benefits for skin. A few of them are listed below:
- Tea tree oil is immensely effective in curing athlete’s foot which is an infectious disease present on the patient’s foot causing severe itching, inflammation and blisters which are very painful. The tea tree oil has soothing properties and it can be applied in the affected area by mixing it with olive oil. It can prove to be very helpful in feeling better and curing this infection.
- The antiseptic properties of the tea tree oil are also very effective in treating cuts, burns and other skin diseases. If you experience a minor burn then applying this oil on the affected area soothes the pain. It also contains natural antimicrobial properties which prevent causing infection.
- Tea tree oil is also very helpful in curing corns and warts. Simply apply one or two drops of this essential oil on the affected area of your skin and feel better. It is recommended that you must use the diluted version of tea tree oil in order to avoid any side effects. The best carrier oils for dilution are olive oil and coconut oil.
- If you suffer from an insect bite it also causes irritation and itching on that skin area, In order to get instant relief from this you can apply tea tree oil.
- The tea tree oil contains components which are responsible for killing bacteria and fungus. In order to avoid these problems you can add two to three drops of this essential oil to the water before going for a bath in order to achieve best results.
Effects of Tea Tree oil on acne
The tea tree oil is an amazing essential oil which has been proven for its effectiveness on acne prone skin. It is the best natural remedy for curing acne problems faced by people of any age group. It contains the following properties:
- Antibacterial properties
- Antifungal properties
- Antiviral properties
- Antiseptic properties
- Cuts easily through dust and grease
According to studies conducted by dermatologists it has been observed that tea tree oil has amazing properties which make it very effective in treating acne problems. It’s equally effective as benzoyl peroxide which is commercially used as an anti-acne agent and has no side effects. The amazing anti acne properties of this essential oil are mentioned below:
- The antimicrobial and anti-bacterial compounds found in the tea tree oil are responsible for acting against the bacteria due to which acne breakout are caused on our skins.
- This oil can successfully penetrate deep into the skin which enables it to unblock the sebaceous glands present in the inner skin layer. This oil reaches the inner layer and results in unclogging the pores which results in disinfecting these glands and reducing acne on your skin.
- Tea tree oil can also be used as a solvent and it is responsible for successfully removing grease and dust from skin easily and results in protection of your skin against oxidative stress, hence keeping it fresh and acne free.
- If you suffer from acne on parts of the body other than your face than you must add a few drops of this essential oil in water before taking bath and avoid acne issues.
How to cure acne using tea tree oil
The methods which are proven to be significant in getting rid of your acne problem using tea tree oil are mentioned below. Follow any of these methods and enjoy getting a clearer and acne free skin:
Tea Tree Oil for Acne
The antimicrobial components present inside this essential oil are responsible for reduction of acne breakouts and prevent such skin issues in future also.
- Half cup of water
- Three to four drops of essential tea tree oil
- Cotton pad
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to half cup of water and mix it properly.
- Then soak cotton pad into this mixture and apply it to the acne affected areas of your face. You can also apply on the whole face.
- Leave this essential oil on your face for 20 minutes until it dries up then apply a moisturizer, you don’t need to wash it off.
- You can also add drops of this oil directly on a cotton pad and press it gently against the acne, spots or pimples on your face. You can leave it overnight to prevent swelling and redness.
In order to achieve quick results you can repeat this activity twice a day.
If you have a sensitive skin then you can use the ratio of 5% oil and 95 % water as this oil is highly concentrated.
Lavender Oil and Tea Tree Oil
Lavender oil is known for soothing the skin and its anti-inflammatory properties also prevent various skin issues. Mixed with tea tree oil and jojoba oil this oil can be responsible for removing acne considerably well.
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- Jojoba oil (1 oz.)
- Add these above mentioned oils in a small bottle and mix them well.
- Apply a small amount of this blend on the acne affected areas of your face and leave it overnight.
In order to achieve maximum effectiveness you must repeat this activity every night. The mixture can also be applied in mornings if you are staying indoors.
Coconut Oil/Almond Oil and Tea Tree Oil
Coconut oil is rich in containing essential fatty acids which are responsible for nourishing and hydrating your skin as well as balancing the excessive oil secreting by our skin pores and prevent clogging of pores resulting in a clearer skin tone.
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil or coconut oil
- Two to three drops of tea tree oil
- Take a few drops of tea tree essential oil and mix it with any of the two carrier oils (almond oil or coconut oil).
- Apply this blend on your acne directly and then leave it for a few hours.
- After that wash your face with lukewarm water and then apply a moisturizer.
You can use this mixture on regular basis until your face is acne free.
Baking soda and Tea Tree Oil
Baking soda is naturally equipped with components which are responsible for balancing the PH value of your skin and it also contributes in regulating the natural oil produced by our skin. Baking soda is also known for exfoliating the skin which results in removing the dirt and dead skin cells.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- Two to three drops of tea tree oil
- Take baking soda in a bowl and add enough water to it to form a paste.
- Then add a few drops of tea tree oil to this mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the acne affected areas of your face and scrub very gently in order to avoid rashes on skin.
- Leave this mixture on 2-3 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
In order to get rid of acne you must use this scrub twice or three times a week.
Lemon and Tea Tree Oil
Lemon juice is comprised of acids which are known for exerting bacterial effects n the acne prone areas of your skin .The citrus juice present in lemons is also a very affective astringent.
- One to two drops of lemon juice
- Four to five drops of tea tree oil
- Prepare a mixture of lemon juice and this essential oil and apply it on the acne of your face.
- Leave it applied for almost fifteen minutes.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water first and then wash it with cold water.
Apply this mixture two times in a week in order to achieve best results.
If you have a sensitive skin then you must avoid applying this mixture on your skin.
Calamine lotion and Tea Tree Oil
The zinc present in calamine lotion is responsible for drying up the pimples preset on your skin and it also reduces inflammation of your skin to some extent.
- Calamine lotion
- Few drops of tea tree oil
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil in a small portion of calamine lotion.
- Massage this mixture gently on your whole face until it is completely absorbed.
Massage this mixture every night before going to bed in order to get acne free skin.
Witch hazel and Tea Tree Oil
Witch hazel is commonly used as a skin toner and an astringent. This oil is also used as an anti-aging agent. It is also very helpful in rejuvenate the dead skin cells which have been damaged due to acne.
- Thirty to forty drops of witch hazel
- Five drops of tea tree oil
- Take witch hazel extract in a small bottle and add five drops of essential tea tree oil to it. Mix both these ingredients well.
- Apply this mixture in the form of a drop or two on the acne prone areas of your skin using a Q-tip.
- Leave it to dry.
In order to get rid of pimples apply this solution twice a day until the pimples are gone.
Apple cider vinegar and Tea Tree Oil
Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which is responsible for exfoliating the skin and it is also known for neutralization of your skin by fluctuating the PH levels which are leading to sebum overproduction.
- One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Two to three drops of tea tree oil
- Cotton ball
- Mix these above mentioned ingredients and then apply this mixture on the acne affected areas of your face using a cotton ball.
- Leave the mixture on your face for 5-7 minutes and then rinse your face with water which is at room temperature.
In order to get rid of acne of your face apply this mixture once on daily basis. When the acne is cleared then apply this mixture once in every 3-4 days.
This mixture can cause stinging sensation on your skin. If your skin is too sensitive to this sensation then dilute the apple cider vinegar with an equal quantity of water. Add one teaspoon of ACV to one teaspoon of water.
Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil
Aloe Vera is responsible for refreshing and rejuvenating your skin as it is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. It also has healing properties.
- One or two teaspoons of fresh aloe vera gel
- Two to three drops of tea tree oil
- Cotton swab
- Mix the aloe vera gel with the essential oil.
- Use a cotton swab to apply this mixture on your acne prone skin areas.
- Wait till it dries u and then soak in. When it is dry then wash it off using lukewarm water and apply a good moisturizer later.
- You can also leave this mask on your face overnight.
Repeat this procedure on daily basis on order to achieve an acne free skin.
Side effects of tea tree oil
This oil can cause skin irritation and swelling or some people. Pregnant women must avoid using this oil as it can also cause allergic reactions. People with allergies must also avoid its usage. You must prefer using this oil in diluted form in order to minimize the side effects.