<a href="INSERT POST LINK" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><img class="aligncenter" src="https://keevaorganics.com/blogs/the-keeva-buzz/top-14-essential-oils-for-eliminating-bacne-and-bacne-scars-in-14-days-or-less" alt="Top 14 Essential Oils for Eliminating Bacne and Bacne Scars in 14 Days or Less [Infographic] | Keeva Organics" /></a>
What’s worse than having acne? Acne Scars. Acne scars are a bit more stubborn and can last from anywhere between one to three months. Nobody wants acne, let alone scars! So how can we treat them? Most people think over the counter products are the best way to treat acne; wrong. Over the counter products usually contain harmful chemicals and toxins that can actually do more damage to your skin or even do nothing at all. Your best option would be treating your acne using only natural ingredients – this way you know exactly what types of ingredients you are using and on the plus side some of these natural ingredients have anti-inflammatory or antibacterial properties.
Natural ingredients will help you lighten the scars of your acne as well as gradually help you to remove your acne permanently. Before I let you in on some amazing home remedies, let’s first get the low-down on what an acne scar is and what causes it.
What is an acne scar?
Acne scars usually occur at the end of the skin inflammation or acne. The scars are caused by skin pores inflamed with excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. The pore swells, causing a break in the follicle wall. The infected acne destroys the solid skin tissue and this becomes a scar on the skin.
So now that we understand what an acne scar and its causes; here are 15 natural home remedies to get rid of acne scars fast:
1) Tea Tree Oil: One of the most popular and effective home remedies for curing acne problems is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is packed with antibacterial properties, which allows this essential oil to fight the bacteria that causes skin problems, as well as reducing the redness and inflammation of pimples.
Directions: You can easily apply this oil directly on the areas of concern or by mixing a few drops of tea tree oil with your regular face wash, then making sure you rinse off your face after 20 minutes. If you prefer to use cream instead of oil, try using Keeva Organics Acne Cream Treatment to get fast and effective results.
2) Lemon Juice: Lemon has natural bleaching properties, and promotes clear skin. Vitamin C in lemon helps in rebuilding collagen and the citric acid also helps to remove dead cells.
Directions: Lemon can be used various ways; apply fresh-squeezed lemon juice directly on your acne scars with your fingertips or a cotton ball and leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once a day for two to three weeks; you will notice your scars will start fading day by day. You may also mix honey with your lemon juice to make it some more effective in reducing the acne scars.
3)Aloe Vera: This natural ingredient does wonders to your skin; not only does it soothe swollen skin but it also helps in regenerating damaged tissues boosting the healing process. To see best results, use fresh gel like substance directly from the aloe vera leaf than using over the counter products containing aloe vera.
Directions: Aloe vera can be applied directly to the affected areas. Leave it for about half an hour and then wash it off. Apply aloe vera gel twice daily to see the results in just a few days. This wonderful ingredient will have your scars diminish in no time, not to mention will leave your skin beaming!
Direction: Take 2 to 3 teaspoons of baking soda and 2 teaspoons of water and mix together well until it forms into a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and massage it in a circular motion. Leave it for 3 minutes and then wash your face with cool water.
5) Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a very versatile and popular home remedy used for many things including acne! It is a good toner that helps to clear up scars and acne marks. Vinegar is a powerful astringent that also stimulates blood flow to areas, which speeds healing and regeneration of cells. Apple cider vinegar also balances the pH level of your body and of your skin when applied topically.
Direction: Simply mix together water and apple cider vinegar. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply directly on your acne scars. Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Repeat this daily. You could also add honey to your mixture if you desire.
6) Raw Tomatoes Slices: Rubbing tomato slices on scars is also found to be effective in reducing the appearance of the marks or scars. Tomatoes are packed with vitamin A and carotenes, which not only provide the red color but are also antioxidant compounds that can heal damaged tissues and promote the healthy regrowth of cells.
Direction: Take a ripe red tomato and cut it into pieces. Then crush the pieces to make a pulp of the tomato and apply the tomato pulp on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Lastly wash your face. You can repeat this routine daily for a week or two.
7) Cucumber: Cucumber does wonders to your skin, as it contains vitamins and magnesium that are beneficial for your skin. Cucumbers also reduce inflammation, soothe the skin and heal the scars caused by acne.
Direction: Slice up a fresh cucumber and lay the slices on the areas of concern. Leave the slices on for about 30 minutes, and then discard the slices of cucumber and wash off your face with water. Repeat this process daily to get fast results.
8) Olive Oil: This is a great home remedy as olive oil is something many have at home! Olive oil is packed with natural antioxidants and promotes healthy benefits. It’s not only great for cooking but is amazing when lightening acne scars.
Directions: Lightly massage olive oil onto the affected areas of concern; do this for a few minutes until you can feel all the oil absorbed by your skin. Using a clean towel or cloth, drape it into warm water. Place the warm wet cloth on to your face to get the steam. Then wipe away the excess oil gently with the cloth, trying not to rub. After 1 to 2 minutes, wash off your face with normal water
Directions: Apply egg whites on the scars using a cotton ball and leave it on overnight to get the best result. If you don’t want to leave it overnight, then apply egg whites to areas of concern and let it dry on the skin for a few minutes. Afterwards wash your face with lukewarm water and do this about two to three times a week.
10) Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is an excellent ingredient for skin care, as it also is the best natural moisturizers and comes with recuperating properties.
Directions: Use about a teaspoon of coconut oil and place it on the affected areas and let it dissolve. You do not need to wash it off as coconut oil is packed with many vitamins and vital unsaturated fats that will continue to enhance the health of your skin as you leave it on. If you prefer to not leave it on your skin, then leave it on for about 30 minutes and wash our face with mild face wash.
11) Raw Honey: Honey is a great ingredient for clear skin and can help to reduce acne scars. It always leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized. Honey contains antibacterial properties that help ward off infection.
Directions: Using a teaspoon of honey, apply it all over your skin especially onto the areas of concern. Gently massage in a circular motion and leave it on for 10 minutes, and then wash your face off with cold water.
12) Garlic: Garlic is a very powerful ingredient that can be used to cure many such as acne scars! Garlic contains various properties such as antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant components.
Directions:Simply cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces, and then rub the garlic on the affected areas while leaving it on for about 5 to 10 minutes. Repeat this treatment several times a day for faster results. You can also eat raw garlic clove daily, which can help to purify your blood.
13)Potato Slices: Potato juice is rich in Vitamin as well as minerals; it is great in treating any kind of discoloration of your skin. Potatoes have excellent cosmetic properties that are useful in fading acne and pimple scars.
Directions: All you have to do is simply rub a slice of raw potato or apply the potato juice directly on the affected areas of concern. Potatoes are known to lighten the marks due to its bleaching properties
14) Turmeric Powder: Turmeric has numerous beneficial properties such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components which help to cure acne and pimple scars.
Directions: The easiest way to use this ingredient is to mix it with water to form a paste. Once you made the paste, apply it directly on affected areas of concern. Leave it on until the paste dries, and then wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy daily for the best results.
Directions: Combine together sandalwood oil and water and mix until you form a paste. Simply apply the concoction to the affected areas and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse off with cool water and pat dry.